Accessibility

Font Size

Login | Register
Sign in with Facebook
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the NAIDW forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello, I'm new here

Hello, I'm new here 28 Mar 2012 17:20 #412

• ShawnT90
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone, I am new here. My name is Shawn, I have bipolar disorder. I have been struggling with it for years and have lost just about every job I get because of it. I've either had a manic episode with paranoid thoughts about my co-workers, or have had a depressive episode and just lost all motivation to show up. I do some web and software development, but lately my cognitive levels have gone down and I have not been able to mentally handle/do much. I've been in and out of hospitals for my mental issues for most of my life, and the most recent hospital visit cause me the loss of my job. They were really enthusiastic about being non-union, but now I know why. At-will employers can fire anyone for any reason at any time, even if it is for hospitalization. Anyways, I came here looking for support and some interaction with other people. I look forward to getting to meet and know all of you here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sitemanager

Re: Hello, I'm new here 28 Mar 2012 17:38 #413

• sitemanager
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
HI shawn welcome to the family! we are all suffering from our unique experiences yet at the same time still very much alike. NAIDW is a platform for us to share stories, experiences, info,, and most of all emotional support. let us know if you would be interested in volunteering and helping moderate the bipolar group?
NAIDW Site Manager
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShawnT90

Re: Hello, I'm new here 28 Mar 2012 17:44 #414

• ShawnT90
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi sitemanager, who would I talk to about volunteering. I think having something to do might help my mind a bit.

Re: Hello, I'm new here 29 Mar 2012 15:20 #426

Welcome Shawn!
and hope you take advantage of all the help and support on this site.

If I can ever help with a question etc. feel free to ask

Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen Ashmore RN,
NAIDW Volunteer Forum Moderator
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.01 seconds

Our Newsletter

Contact | How Can We HELP?

NAIDW Int'l:

PO Box 66, Fox Lake, IL 60020

Telephone:

888.788.NAIDW